What FOSS services can we offer you?
The unmanaged use of free and open-source software (FOSS) can result in significant legal and business risks such as copyright infringement, security vulnerabilities, and unexpected warranty claims. BearingPoint FOSS services provide a flexible solution for the operational management of these risks.
- Code analysis: Whether for a one-time analysis or as part of a development process, we analyze your code using the most advanced scanning tools and our expertise. You receive comprehensive analysis reports with measures to eliminate license conflicts and license problems. Included is a bill of materials (BOM) containing information about the open-source software used and the license conditions that apply.
- License documentation: We create detailed license documentation for you containing all relevant information to be disclosed for the open-source software used and the corresponding license conditions. You can distribute this information directly to your customers.
- FOSS managed service: We take over the FOSS management operations from you wholly or partially. We connect to your development and approval processes and work closely with your developers and legal department.
- M&A support: We support you flexibly and discreetly during time-critical and sensitive M&A transactions.
- Security vulnerabilities: With each analysis report, you receive a list of publicly known security vulnerabilities (CVEs) exposed by the open-source software used.
- FOSS training: We help you design and implement new FOSS management policies and processes. We offer stakeholder specific training for management and development.
From the comprehensive portfolio of BearingPoint FOSS management services, you can flexibly combine the appropriate service modules for your needs.
You get all your FOSS management needs from a one-stop source.